Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Prelude to Osomo's Mistake

Spring Eve, Water Eve

My companions and I had met up, cleaned up, and were departing to go our separate ways for the morning when abruptly the entire day turned into a disaster.

It actually was a disaster: a runaway cart came rampaging down the street, right towards a violently sick Chitin and myself. (He had made the mistake of drinking witch's brew, and for all his efforts couldn't keep his stomach down long enough to meld his soul.

(This probably won't be explained much more.

(These things usually aren't.)

I saw it coming and dodged into Chitin. Chitin saw me coming and dodged into the passers-by.

They saw several hundred pounds of muscle, meat, bone and spikes flying towards them and scattered, except for one. He was bodyslammed backwards by Chitin into what was behind him.

Unfortunately, that was a scaffolding, which promptly collapsed on all of us.

Amidst all the screaming, I heard somebody say the magic words:

"I challenge you to a duel of honor."

No comments: